Celebrating the Feast of St. Francis
Pastor Elaine Dent leads a day apart to…
- Offer praise and gratitude for the ways God’s creation inspires, nourishes and heals us.
- Explore spiritual practices that help us notice God’s presence in our interaction with the outdoors.
- Name our laments for the ways creation’s current crisis affects us and we will pray for it’s healing.
- Consider ways that God may be calling us to be a part of restoring health to our planet, whether air, water, soil, plants, or animals.
Meeting in the Pine Plantation parking area promptly at 9:30 a.m. (first parking area on the left about 1/4 mile from the entrance), participants will be led on a day with creation as our companion. Please pack a bag lunch, bring water or other nourishment. Walking or hiking shoes are recommended. Options for walking activities include short, easy walks as well as more serious trails. You may find it helpful to bring rain gear and umbrella, as light rain will not hamper the day and pavilions are available. Portajohns at parking areas and restrooms (at the summit offices) are available.
Event location: King’s Gap Environmental Education Center, 500 Kings Gap Road, Carlisle, PA.
If you have questions or need additional information please contact Pastor Dent at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 512-7136.
- A Day with Creation As Companion
October 4, 2021
9:30 am - 3:00 pm