Listed by City of Residence
|Title/Name||City||Phone||Additional Phone or Notes|
|Rev. S. Alan Ruby||Akron||(717) 859-2851|
|Rev. Margie Lauver||Biglerville||(240) 321-3734|
|Rev. Mark Oldenburg||Biglerville||(717) 253-6134||Available as of October 7, 2018|
|Rev. Carol Parr||Boiling Springs||Email: email@example.com|
|Rev. Laurie Roberts||Camp Hill||(717) 737-9997||West Shore and Harrisburg area|
|Rev. Warren Heintzelman, Jr.||Chambersburg||(717) 263-6326|
|Rev. Charles Kampmeyer||Chambersburg||(717) 264-0760|
|Rev. Herbert Spomer||Chambersburg||(717) 263-9797|
|Rev. William DeHass||Chambersburg||(717) 264-3572||(717) 816-5403|
|Rev. Bill Chamberlain||Enola||(724) 581-6303|
|Rev. D. Evan Houck||Enola||(717) 728-9155|
|Rev. Glenn Beard||Ephrata||(717) 721-7978|
|Rev. Martin Swartz||Ephrata||(717) 661-7099||Within 25 miles|
|Rev. Karl J. Mattson||Gettysburg||(717) 334-4445|
|Rev. Christopher Suehr||Gettysburg||(724) 989-8106||Summer only|
|Rev. Don Wilcox||Gettysburg||(717) 334-8117|
|Rev. Dr. Martin Zimmann||Gettysburg||(734) 755-4523|
|Deacon Jennifer Murphy||Hanover||(717) 693-9034||Non-communion services|
|Rev. Faye Snyder||Hanover||(717) 451-0851|
|Rev. Nancy Werner||Hanover||(717 476-0738|
|Rev. George Buechner||Harrisburg||(717) 671-9492|
|The Rev. Hal Fox||Harrisburg||(717) 232-5895|
|Rev. Barbara Caruana||Lancaster||(717) 471-3232|
|Rev. Richard E. Geib||Lancaster||(717) 569-8590|
|Rev. Terry Goad||Lancaster||(717) 615-2572||Within 30 miles.|
|Rev. Robert Lowden||Lancaster||(717) 283-3764|
|Rev. Guy Mehl||Lancaster||(717) 291-2076|
|Rev. Russell Rockwell||Lancaster||(717) 940-8444||Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon only|
|Rev. Sigurd Arnesen||Lebanon||(717) 277-5495|
|Sr. Marianne Brock||Mechanicsburg||(717) 574-9066||Non-communion services|
|Rev. Cynthia Chambers||New Oxford||(717) 624-5504|
|Rev. Dr. Jerry Smith||New Oxford||(717) 624-5563|
|Rev. Brenda Kiser||Shippensburg||(717) 532-5143|
|Rev. Raymond Shriver||Waynesboro||(717) 765-4553||Within 1 hour drive|
|Rev. James M. Emerick||York||(717) 751-6880|
|Deacon Ellen Doughty||York||(717) 515-8479||Non-communion services (717) 988-1080 (o)|
|Rev. Edgar C. Reed||York||(717) 767-6157|
|Rev. Patricia Synder||York||(717) 843-6216|
|Rev. Roland E. Langford, Jr.||Charlestown, MD||(410) 287-5573|
|Rev. Paul Warnke||Sykesville, MD||(410) 552-0894|
Pastors Currently Serving as Interims or Stated Supplies
(May be available for pulpit supply from time to time.)
|Title/Name||City||Phone||Additional Phone or Notes|
|Rev. David Clark||Biglerville||(717) 451-4725|
|Rev. Richard F. Michael||Biglerville||(717) 314-7898|
|Rev. Eric Anderson||Carlisle||(717) 249-8137|
|Rev. Richard Starr||Dallastown||(717) 741-0597|
|Rev. Patrick J. Rooney||Dillsburg||(717) 870-1154|
|Rev. James Russell||Gettysburg||(717) 337-9018|
|Rev. Ruth Smith||Greencastle||(717) 496-0789|
|Rev. Del Akech Del||Harrisburg||(717) 781-5422|
|Rev. Timothy Sadler||Lancaster||(717) 752-5832|
|Rev. Richard Whitesel||Landisville||(717) 799-7217|
|Rev. David Klepper||Mount Joy||(717) 653-4340|
|Rev. Carol Bowman||Newville||(717) 486-9925|
|Rev. Timothy Seitz-Brown||Spring Grove||(717) 332-4216|
|Rev. Paul Frank||York||(717) 747-1229|
|Rev. Edward Robbins||York||(724) 272-2683|
Guide for Congregations, Rostered Ministers, and Supply Persons Regarding Supply Needs
This guide has been prepared in an effort to assist congregations/pastor or supply person if needed. It is meant to include seminarians, synod staff, retired and active pastors. Lay persons may be assigned if no one is available from this category in consultation with the contact person who has requested a supply pastor.
- The need for supply pastors that cannot be met locally are directed to the Supply Coordinator at the synod office (717-652-1852 ext. 115) or to the Supply Coordinator at the seminary at Gettysburg (717-338-0593).
- The person assigned should receive a bulletin prior to the service if one is available so that he/she can be familiar with the order of service.
- Hospitality arrangements should be made in advance for overnight accommodations should the person assigned find it necessary.
- The contact person is responsible for contacting the person assigned as far ahead as possible so that he/she knows where the church is located and any other needs the congregation may have.
- The person assigned also should contact the pastor or contact person to verify the date(s) he/she is expected to conduct the service.
- The honorarium should be presented to the guest immediately following the service.
- Please note: Persons who serve as supply pastor or interim pastor in a congregation are NOT ELIBIGLE to be considered for call to that congregation.
- If the congregation opts to make a change to the schedule after a pastor or lay person has been assigned, it is the responsibility of the congregation to contact the pastor/lay person to let him/her know of the change and the reason for the change.
Worship Supply Rates 2018
- $170.00 for one service
- $210.00 for two services
- $250.00 for three or more services.
Add $40.00 for each additional service (i.e. more than three) Saturday evening and Sunday morning service. For example, four Sunday morning services are $290.00. Also add $60.00 for each additional weekend service other than Sunday morning (i.e. on Saturday evening or Sunday evening). For example, one Saturday evening and two Sunday morning services are $310.00 ($250.00 for the three services plus $60.00 for the Saturday evening service).
The above schedule applies to Saturday evening, Sunday morning, Sunday evening, weekday and weekday evening services. For example, a single Maundy Thursday evening service is $170.00; a single midweek Wednesday morning service is $170.00; a single Sunday evening service is $170.00.
The mileage reimbursement for each round trip is at the prevailing IRS rate.
Mileage Reimbursement for 2018
The Internal Revenue Service issued the 2018 optional standard mileage rates used to calculate the deductible costs of operating an automobile for business, charitable, medical or moving purposes.
Beginning January 1, 2018, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:
The standard mileage rate for business is based on an annual study of the fixed and variable costs of operating an automobile.