Organization: Trinity Lutheran Church, Chambersburg, PA
Position: Part-time Church Communications Secretary
Description: Trinity Lutheran Church, located in Chambersburg, PA, is a growing faith-based community dedicated to serving God and His People. We are seeking a passionate and hard-working Church Communications Secretary to join our thriving community. Interested parties can contact email@example.com Download the full job description here.
Organization: St Stephen Lutheran Church (New Kingstown)/St Paul Lutheran Church (Carlisle) in partnership
Position: Part-time Youth and Family Ministry Assistant Director
Description: St Stephen, of New Kingstown, and St Paul, of Carlisle, have recently formed a partnership to combine their family youth groups under one director. They are currently looking to find a part-time, assistant youth director to join the team! The candidate for this position, will earn a yearly salary of $7000.
This position requires up to 5 hours a week, in addition to activities, trainings, retreats, and events, which may be range from a 2-hour bowling event, to the week-long, Senior High Camp. This position entails frequent evening and weekend work, and travel. Click here for a full job description. Interested applicants, contact Jenny Batcheler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Lancaster
Position: Part-time Church Musician/Organist
Description: Responsibilities: Provide music leadership that is of worthy quality and appropriate for use in a Lutheran liturgy for all Sunday morning worship services, Christmas Eve, Holy Week services, Thanksgiving Eve and for other occasional worship services as authorized by the Congregation Council; As needed meet with the pastor to plan liturgies and select hymns; Purchase music and music supplies within the limits of the annual budget; As needed attend meetings of the Worship & Music Committee; Provide music for all weddings and funerals held at the church through consultations with wedding couples or families as requested. For services such as these the Church Musician shall receive an additional fee as specified in the congregation’s policy. The Church Musician has the right of first refusal to provide music in these cases. Another musician may provide music for these services but only with the permission of the Church Musician; As necessary arrange for capable supply organists who are familiar with liturgical worship and hymnody. A full job description can be downloaded here.
A cover letter and resume may be sent by email to email@example.com Or a cover letter and resume may be mailed to Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 540 West Walnut Street, Lancaster, PA 17603 Attention: Marcus Thomsen – Chair of Search Committee. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
Organization: Luther Memorial Church, York
Position: Administrative Assistant–part time
Description: Produce weekly bulletins, monthly newsletter; In Church Windows, enter contributions; pay bills and issue payroll checks, payroll taxes when due; produce reports as needed; maintain church records. Keep calendar and record of building use by outside groups. Proficiency in Word, Publisher, and knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures and spreadsheets. Maintain regular office hours (20 hours/week), answer phone, work with Pastor and council members to keep congregation functioning smoothly. Contact Carol Little at Carollittle47@comcast.net for more information.
Organization: St. Matthew Evangelical Lutheran Church, York
Position: Administrative Assistant (2 part-time positions)
Description: Part-time Administrative Assistant(s) will work together to create full-time coverage of the church office Monday-Friday (8AM-4PM).
Regular Duties Include:
- answering and directing telephone calls
- greeting and directing visitors
- maintaining various records and databases
- supporting church operations through creation and distribution of newsletters, bulletins, reports and calendars
- ordering supplies
Successful candidates will have a working knowledge of current office technologies including e-mail, Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) and standard office equipment. Comfort and a desire to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups is essential.
Please submit a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, Marietta
Position: Organist – Part Time
Description: The Organist provides music to enhance the spiritual focus of all public worship services and special ceremonial occasions within the congregation. This includes solo performances ad accompanying choirs soloists, special music and congregational singing.
1. Provide the music necessary for all services of the congregation
2. Meet with the Pastor and the Worship Committee at least quarterly to plan services, including the selection of hymns and special music when required.
3. Rehearse with and accompany the choir(s), soloists, and special music
4. Select and prepare appropriate preludes, offertories, communion music and postludes
5. Provide the Parish Secretary with information concerning prelude, offertory, postlude and other music related activities for the weekly bulletin at least one week in advance of the services.
6. Provide music for funerals and weddings in consultation with the Pastor and appropriate parties and in accordance with the rubrics of the church and/or provide oversight for guest organist
7. Make arrangements for a supply organist when unavailable to play.
8. Maintain library of appropriate music
9. Advise Worship Committee of necessary tuning and/or repairs needed to the keyboard instruments
Qualifications: Technical skill in organ and piano playing. An appreciation for the Lutheran liturgy and musical traditions.
Relationships: The Organist works directly with the Pastor, Choir Director and Worship Committee. The Organist is responsible tot he Congregation Council through the Personnel Committee. Periodic performance reviews will be conducted by the Personnel Committee.
Salary: A salary is determined through the budget process each year and must be approved at the annual meeting of the congregation. Additional compensation for weddings and funerals is mad by the involved parties.
Vacation: 4 weeks annually
Contact Gail Houck at email@example.com if interested.
Organization: Solomon’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Chambersburg
Position: Organist, Pianist, Choir Director (Part Time)
Description: Seeking a qualified candidate to help fulfill the liturgical mission of Solomon’s Evangelical Lutheran church by providing leadership in all areas of worship, as well as playing the organ and or piano and directing the choir for congregational worship services. Find a full job description here. Contact Wayne Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Organization: Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church – Camp Hill
Position: Director of Digital Media, Part-Time
Description: Seeking part-time Director for Digital Media, 20 hours a week, who provides leadership and oversight for the overall digital strategy and presence of Trinity, Camp Hill and its ministries. For a full job description and/or to apply, contact Steve Kauffman in the office or at email@example.com.
Organization: Mt. Zion Lutheran Church, York
Position: Treasurer, Part-Time
Description: Well organized, detail-oriented individual with self-starting and motivational skills to manage and maintain Church finances and reporting. Microsoft Office fluency preferred. Please find the complete job responsibilities and contact info here.
Organization: St. Matthew Lutheran Church, Hanover
Position: Minister of Music, Full-Time
Description: The Minister of Music oversees the music ministry and music staff of the congregation. The Minister of Music will:
• Choirs – Coordinates, directs and plans the music and rehearsals for the various choirs (Pre-School through Adult Choirs).
• Vacation Bible School – coordinates, directs and plans all music for Vacation Bible School.
• Plan all music used for the Sunday services and special services (including anthems, hymns, solos, and instrumental music).
• Make liturgy suggestions to pastors.
• Serves as organist for services, weddings, funerals.
• Prepares music for the services, rehearsals, special programs.
• Reviews all new music sent by publishers and other sources to find appropriate music. Orders music and supplies needed.
• Oversees the puppet ministry (performance dates, all ordering and finances) in coordination with puppet ministry director.
• Budgets – plans and manages all finances & expenses connected with the Music Ministry.
• Attends staff meeting.
• Staff liaison for the Worship and Music Committee.
• Concert Series Administrator – Coordinates concert series.
• Organ – responsible for the maintenance of the organ, carillon, harpsichord, handbells/chimes, grand pianos and upright pianos.
• Choral Library -responsible for maintaining the choral library.
• PA Equipment – responsible for maintaining all communication equipment.
• Proofs all worship bulletins and the Messenger.
• Proofs all wedding bulletins for the couples.
Click here to download a full job description. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Organization: Friedens Lutheran Church
Position: Contemporary Service Worship Leader
Description: The Contemporary Service Worship Leader is responsible for planning, preparing, and managing the intergenerational, musical component of the weekly contemporary worship service. They will lead the worship team/band and the congregation, proclaiming the Gospel through authentic worship at Friedens (Peace) Lutheran Church. This position partners with the Pastor and the Church Administrator. You can view a full job description here. Contact email@example.com if you are interested.