Bishop James DunlopBishop of The Lower Susquehanna Synod
(717) 652-1852 ext. 106 The Rev. James S. Dunlop was re-elected to serve a six-year term as bishop of the Lower Susquehanna Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) in June 2019. Bishop Dunlop was ordained in 2005, and served as pastor of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Littlestown, PA.
Jennifer R. LauVice President of Synod, Chair of Synod Council and its Executive Committee
(717) 332-8416 Vice President Jennifer Lau is a layperson and chairs our Synod Council. She is also a voting member of the ELCA Churchwide Assembly. As an officer of this synod, the vice president is a member of the synod’s Executive Committee.
The Rev. Beth SchlegelSecretary
(717) 652-1852 ext. 118 Secretary Beth Schlegel is elected by the Synod Assembly. As an officer of this synod, the secretary is a member of the synod’s Executive Committee. Additionally, Secretary Schlegel will serve on the following committees: Assembly Planning, Committee of Reference and Counsel, Committee on Memorials, Constitution, Gifts Discernment and Nominations.
(717) 652-1852, ext. 108 Treasurer Joe Stepansky is elected by the Synod Assembly and is accountable for the management of monies and all financial accounts of this synod. As an officer of this synod, the treasurer is a member of the synod’s Executive Committee.
The Rev. Dana J. Blouch-HansonAssistant to the Bishop
(717) 652-1852 ext. 111 Assistant to the Bishop Pastor Dana Blouch-Hanson promotes vocation in the church, and serves as staff liaison to the following committees: Assembly Planning, Candidacy and Deans. Additionally, she supports our ecumenical and inter-faith partners and relates to the Gettysburg, Hanover, Chambersburg, and York Conferences.
The Rev. Beth MartiniAssistant to the Bishop
(717) 652-1852, ext. 102 Assistant to the Bishop Pastor Beth Martini coordinates our mobility call process and First Call Theological Education and serves as staff liaison to the following committees: Konde Committee and as administrative coordinator for Region 8. Additionally, she supports our volunteer coordinators for relief projects, our synodical granting process, and boundary training. She relates to the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Perry, and Cumberland Conferences.
Deacon Marsha RoscoeAssistant to the Bishop
(717) 652-1852, ext. 103 Assistant to the Bishop Deacon Marsha Roscoe focuses on mission interpretation, synodical communications and supports spiritual wholeness among our leaders, and serves on the Assembly Planning and Mission Committees. Additionally, she relates to the Lebanon, North Lancaster and Upper Dauphin Conferences.
The Rev. Carla S. Christopher WilsonAssistant to the Bishop
(717) 652-1852 ext. 109 Assistant to the Bishop Pastor Carla Christopher Wilson coordinates ministries of social justice including racial, LGBTQIA+, immigration, hunger, and poverty; and serves as staff liaison to the following committees: Criminal Justice System Ministry, Global Mission, Toward Racial Justice, World Hunger and Synod Worship.
The Rev. Richard E. T. Jorgensen Jr.Director for Evangelical Mission for Renewing Mission
(717) 652-1852, ext. 105 Director for Evangelical Mission Pastor Richard Jorgensen works with congregations looking to be renewed in God’s mission by deepening their faith, reconnecting with one another, and re-rooting in their community. Additionally, he relates to the Mission and Stewardship Education and Mission Support Committees, and the North York and South York Conferences.
Charles R. Roberts IIIDirector of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry
(717) 652-1852, ext. 113 Charlie Roberts, Director of Resources and Faith Formation, works with congregations and ministry peers in maintaining a common sense of mission and vision for the Church, and supports the formation of faith for children, youth, young adults, adults and their families.
Deborah Clark (Debbie)Executive Assistant to Bishop Dunlop, Pastor Schlegel, and Synod Council
(717) 652-1852, ext. 117 Debbie Clark provides direct administrative and executive support to Bishop Dunlop, Secretary Beth Schlegel and our Synod Council. Facilitating flow of information to the Executive Committee and Synod Council, she supports the acting vice president and synod secretary. She assists Bishop Dunlop in planning and preparing for congregational visits. In addition to overseeing our support staff, she provides administrative support for the following committees: Candidacy, Synod Nominating, Gifts Discernment, Compensation and Benefits, Synod Worship, Constitution, Personnel and Mission.
(717) 652-1852, ext. 107 As secretary to the treasurer, Cathy Paul is responsible for our accounts receivable, which includes preparation of mission support and other benevolence reports. In addition to supporting our Audit and Finance and Budget Committees, she also serves on the Synod Assembly Elections Committee.
Marty ShifflettAdministrative Assistant, Resource Center
(717) 652-1852, ext. 115 As administrative assistant to the Resource Center, Marty Shifflett supports Charlie Roberts in ensuring our Resource Center is a hospitality hub that provides space for conversation, learning, previewing and borrowing materials. Marty assists congregational leaders in previewing faith formation resources, such as Vacation Bible School programs, and can assist congregations in planning seasons of faith formation. Marty also serves as the synod’s Supply Pastor Coordinator and Small Event Registrar.
(717) 652-1852, ext. 104 Supporting our communications and technology efforts, Kellen helps to implement our digital media projects and supports our missional strategies. In addition, he serves as our synod IT coordinator.