Winterfest 16 Poster (please print and post)
What’s NEW for 2016?
There are significant changes for this year ONLY! Please take a moment to read about the new additions and new schedule for 2016.Winterfest 2016 officially opens at 10:00 AM on SATURDAY, January 2, 2016, in order to allow for families to celebrate the New Year’s holiday together if they wish.
- LutheranHANDS has partnered with us to offer a Friday night option, that includes an overnight stay at the Host on Friday, January 1st, and breakfast on Saturday morning. If you opt for the Friday stay, you will be able to complete your Winterfest “on-site registration” upon arrival.
- A Silver Anniversary Celebration on Saturday evening will include a formal banquet with special musical guest Agape (David Scherer) performing a mini-concert, a special video history of Winterfest, and a guest speaker. The evening will also include our inflatable game room, dance, and a new lip-sync battle room.
- Adult leader tracks return in 2016, led by synod Learning Ministry Team members, offered twice on Saturday and including a lunch meal.
- Our Young Adult ministry is being reinvigorated, under the direction of Darren Hamric, and along with special young adult small groups, we will feature a special evening event on Friday for early arrivals and Saturday night reception room.
Winterfest 2016 Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why is Winterfest only one night in 2016, and is this a new format going forward?
We opted for one night because the New Year’s holiday falls on Friday, traditionally the first day of Winterfest. We want to honor the fact that some advisors may want to be home with their families, we opted to begin Winterfest on Saturday morning, January 2, 2016, at 10:00 AM. We plan to return to a full weekend format, January 6-8, 2017!
2. If that is true, why have a Friday night option?
Some congregational leaders, and some young adults came to us and asked if they could come on Friday. We do not believe it is fair for those who wait until Saturday to start any official Winterfest programming before our start time on Saturday. So we partnered with LutheranHANDS, who will offer some Friday evening programming. If you opt for the pre-event, you will get lodging at the Host, a snack and Saturday breakfast, all included in the $215.00 price. Groups arriving on Friday will be able to finish their on-site registration for Winterfest, upon arrival.
What is Winterfest?
Winterfest is our annual synod senior-high and young adult event, for youth in grades 9-12, and young adults up to age 24. Typically held the first weekend of the new year, the event includes large group gatherings with live music, speakers and video, all focused on a central theme. Participants also gather with youth their own age for caring conversation and activities in small groups with leaders trained to help them discuss the event theme and its impact on their daily lives of faith formation. The weekend includes lots of time for fun and socializing, hanging with old friends and meeting new ones, as well as time for worship and prayer.
Each year youth can look forward to traditional small group conversations with peers, but also the interactive learning modules recently added to the afternoon line-up at Winterfest. Youth can also look forward to many of the fun and fellowship activities that make Winterfest memorable, like inflatable games, Ultimate Frisbee, volleyball and basketball in the Host’s spacious Expo Center, a Saturday evening dance, live music and karaoke, snacks and more. Youth leaders can gather for continuing education, spiritual nurture, and fellowship with their peers.
Downloadable Registration Resources
- Winterfest 16 Registration Information Packet
- Winterfest 16 Group Housing Form
- Winterfest Sample Participants Info Sheet (pdf document)
- Winterfest Sample Participants Info Sheet (Word document – can be downloaded and modified as needed)
- Winterfest Adult Covenant (pdf document)
- Winterfest Youth Covenant
- Medical Release Form