Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
With over four million members, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
(ELCT) is one of the largest Lutheran church bodies in Africa. It is led by a presiding
bishop and twenty diocesan bishops.
To learn more about the ELCT, follow this link.
- The Konde Diocese has more than 120,000 members, six districts, 100 pastors, and 64 congregations.
- The Gospel was brought to the area by German missionaries in 1891. The Konde Diocese, which was started in 1977, is headquartered in Tukuyu.
- The Rev. Dr. Israel-Peter Mwakyolile is bishop of the diocese.
- The Rev. Geofrey Samwel Mwakihaba is Assistant to the Bishop.
- Mr. Otinel A. Mlimba is the General Secretary of the diocese.
Vision statement of the Konde Diocese: “Good news and better life for all people without discrimination of any kind.”
Mission Statement: “To serve humankind holistically, spiritually, physically and mentally.”
More Important Links
- St. Paul Scholarship Program (pdf file)
- Konde Partnership Newsletter – May 2013 (pdf file)
- Companions in Christ Brochure (pdf file)
- Fact Sheet-Timeline of Companion Relationship (pdf file)
- How to Become Involved
- Becoming a Companion Congregation
- Medical Needs Task Force
- Manow Lutheran Secondary School
- Ways to Help Financially
- Itete Earthquake Relief