For congregations interested in equipping leaders for 21st-century models of faith formation through a wide variety of engaging and interactive faith formation content and experiences in online and physical settings, we’re excited to announce the second Reimagining Faith Formation initiative. This time, we are partnering with The Episcopal Diocese of Central PA and John Roberto of Lifelong Faith Associates.
2017-2018 Reimagining Faith Formation Initiative
The goal of the 2017-2018 Reimagining Faith Formation for the 21st Century initiative is to equip congregational leaders in developing models of faith formation that provide a diversity of engaging and interactive faith formation content and experiences. To help congregations reach this goal, we have partnered with John Roberto to offer hands-on workshops, coaching, sharing & resourcing which support new approaches to faith formation. Workshops begin January of 2017. Gather your teams now! Cost of this initiative is $300.00 per congregational team. This expense covers the cost of all three workshops for all team members, webinars, consultations, and all ideas/resourcing directly with John Roberto or Deacon Marsha Roscoe.
Register Here to participate in the 2017 Reimagining Faith Formation Initiative
More Information Here (workshop locations to be determined by December 2016)
- Congregational Assessment Tool
- Workshop #1 Handout
- Phase One Steps
- Faith Formation Research Guide – provides the tools for developing a deeper understanding of people’s lives in your target audience(s)—their religious and spiritual needs and practices. These can form one basis of developing new initiatives. It also includes tools for observing the everyday life of people in your community and identifying the views of church leaders on church life and faith formation.
- Faith Forming Congregational Assessment Tool – provides a way for your congregation to examine how it is forming faith through congregational life, family faith formation, and age-group faith formation.
- Faith Formation Profile – develops a profile of the current faith forming events, programs, and activities your church is offering in the Congregation, at Home, for Age Groups, and Online. Use this template to produce the profile in a written report, and/or in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Areas for Project Development – summarizes the results of the congregational assessment tool and faith formation profile.
- Web Ministry Resources – resources for enhancing your congregation’s website.
- View John Roberto’s Keynote Address at our 2015 Synod Assembly
View John Roberto’s Keynote PowerPoint Here
Website Resources John Roberto offers online resources at www.21stCenturyFaithFormation.com which includes new content from his latest book, videos and PowerPoint presentations. Soon he’ll be adding programming ideas for Intergenerational, Age Groups, Families, and Missional faith forming processes. His CuratingFaithFormation.com site provides digital resources you may find helpful in shaping your programming. Questions? Contact Deacon Marsha Roscoe at 717-652-1852, Ext. 103, firstname.lastname@example.org.